USN-1623-1: Mesa vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1623-1
5th November, 2012
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Mesa could be made to crash or run programs if it processed specially crafted data.
- mesa - free implementation of the EGL API
It was discovered that Mesa incorrectly handled certain arrays. An attacker
could use this issue to cause Mesa to crash, resulting in a denial of
service, or possibly execute arbitrary code.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- libgl1-mesa-dri 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
- libglu1-mesa 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
- libgl1-mesa-glx 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
- libosmesa6 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
- libglapi-mesa 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
- libopenvg1-mesa 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
- libgles2-mesa 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
- libegl1-mesa 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
- libxatracker1 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
- libgles1-mesa 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.2
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
After a standard system update you need to reboot your computer to make
all the necessary changes.