USN-1562-1: Linux kernel (Natty backport) vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1562-1
10th September, 2012
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
The system could be made to crash under certain conditions.
- linux-lts-backport-natty - Linux kernel backport from Natty
Some errors where discovered in the Linux kernel's UDF file system, which
is used to mount some CD-ROMs and DVDs. An unprivileged local user could
use these flaws to crash the system.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:
- linux-image-2.6.38-15-generic 2.6.38-15.66~lucid1
- linux-image-2.6.38-15-virtual 2.6.38-15.66~lucid1
- linux-image-2.6.38-15-generic-pae 2.6.38-15.66~lucid1
- linux-image-2.6.38-15-server 2.6.38-15.66~lucid1
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
After a standard system update you need to reboot your computer to make
all the necessary changes.