USN-1862-1: libxrandr vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1862-1
5th June, 2013
libxrandr, libxrandr-lts-quantal vulnerability
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 13.04
- Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Several security issues were fixed in libxrandr.
- libxrandr - X11 RandR extension library
- libxrandr-lts-quantal - X11 RandR extension library
Ilja van Sprundel discovered multiple security issues in various X.org
libraries and components. An attacker could use these issues to cause
applications to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly
execute arbitrary code.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 13.04:
- libxrandr2 2:1.4.0-1ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 12.10:
- libxrandr2 2:1.4.0-1ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- libxrandr2 2:1.3.2-2ubuntu0.2
- libxrandr-ltsq2 2:1.4.0-1~precise2
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
After a standard system update you need to restart your session to make all
all the necessary changes.