USN-3245-1: GStreamer Good Plugins vulnerabilities
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-3245-1
27th March, 2017
gst-plugins-good0.10, gst-plugins-good1.0 vulnerabilities
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 16.10
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
GStreamer Good Plugins could be made to crash if it opened a specially crafted file.
- gst-plugins-good0.10 - GStreamer plugins
- gst-plugins-good1.0 - GStreamer plugins
Hanno Böck discovered that GStreamer Good Plugins did not correctly handle
certain malformed media files. If a user were tricked into opening a
crafted media file with a GStreamer application, an attacker could cause a
denial of service via application crash.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 16.10:
- gstreamer1.0-plugins-good 1.8.3-1ubuntu1.3
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- gstreamer1.0-plugins-good 1.8.3-1ubuntu0.4
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- gstreamer0.10-plugins-good 0.10.31-3+nmu1ubuntu5.3
- gstreamer1.0-plugins-good 1.2.4-1~ubuntu1.4
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:
- gstreamer0.10-plugins-good 0.10.31-1ubuntu1.5
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.