USN-3379-1: Shotwell vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-3379-1
7th August, 2017
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 17.04
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Shotwell could be made to expose sensitive information over the network.
- shotwell - digital photo organizer
It was discovered that Shotwell is vulnerable to an information disclosure
in the web publishing plugins resulting in potential password and oauth token
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 17.04:
- shotwell 0.22.0+git20160108.r1.f2fb1f7-0ubuntu3.1
- shotwell-common 0.22.0+git20160108.r1.f2fb1f7-0ubuntu3.1
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- shotwell 0.22.0+git20160108.r1.f2fb1f7-0ubuntu1.1
- shotwell-common 0.22.0+git20160108.r1.f2fb1f7-0ubuntu1.1
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- shotwell 0.18.0-0ubuntu4.5
- shotwell-common 0.18.0-0ubuntu4.5
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.