USN-3402-1: PySAML2 vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-3402-1
24th August, 2017
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 17.04
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
The system could be made to expose sensitive information.
- python-pysaml2 - Pure python implementation of SAML2
It was discovered that PySAML2 incorrectly handled certain
SAML XML requests and responses. A remote attacker could use
this issue to read arbitrary files.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 17.04:
- python-pysaml2 3.0.0-3ubuntu1.17.04.1
- python3-pysaml2 3.0.0-3ubuntu1.17.04.1
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- python-pysaml2 3.0.0-3ubuntu1.16.04.1
- python3-pysaml2 3.0.0-3ubuntu1.16.04.1
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.