USN-3467-1: poppler vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-3467-1
30th October, 2017
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 17.10
- Ubuntu 17.04
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
poppler could be made to crash if it opened a specially crafted file.
- poppler - PDF rendering library
It was discovered that Poppler incorrectly handled certain files.
If a user or automated system were tricked into opening a
crafted PDF file, an attacker could cause a denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 17.10:
- libpoppler68 0.57.0-2ubuntu4.1
- poppler-utils 0.57.0-2ubuntu4.1
- Ubuntu 17.04:
- libpoppler64 0.48.0-2ubuntu2.4
- poppler-utils 0.48.0-2ubuntu2.4
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- libpoppler58 0.41.0-0ubuntu1.5
- poppler-utils 0.41.0-0ubuntu1.5
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- poppler-utils 0.24.5-2ubuntu4.8
- libpoppler44 0.24.5-2ubuntu4.8
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.