USN-3489-1: Berkeley DB vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-3489-1
21st November, 2017
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 17.04
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Berkeley DB could be made to expose sensitive information.
- db5.3 - Berkeley v5.3 Database Documentation [html]
It was discovered that Berkeley DB incorrectly handled certain configuration files.
An attacker could possibly use this issue to read sensitive information.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 17.04:
- db5.3-util 5.3.28-12ubuntu0.1
- libdb5.3 5.3.28-12ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- db5.3-util 5.3.28-11ubuntu0.1
- libdb5.3 5.3.28-11ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- db5.3-util 5.3.28-3ubuntu3.1
- libdb5.3 5.3.28-3ubuntu3.1
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.