USN-3554-1: curl vulnerabilities
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-3554-1
31st January, 2018
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 17.10
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Several security issues were fixed in curl.
- curl - HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP client and client libraries
It was discovered that curl incorrectly handled certain data. An attacker
could possibly use this to cause a denial of service or even to get access
to sensitive data. This issue only affected Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Ubuntu 17.10.
It was discovered that curl could accidentally leak authentication data.
An attacker could possibly use this to get access to sensitive information.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 17.10:
- libcurl3-nss 7.55.1-1ubuntu2.3
- curl 7.55.1-1ubuntu2.3
- libcurl3-gnutls 7.55.1-1ubuntu2.3
- libcurl3 7.55.1-1ubuntu2.3
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- libcurl3-nss 7.47.0-1ubuntu2.6
- curl 7.47.0-1ubuntu2.6
- libcurl3-gnutls 7.47.0-1ubuntu2.6
- libcurl3 7.47.0-1ubuntu2.6
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- libcurl3-nss 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.14
- curl 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.14
- libcurl3-gnutls 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.14
- libcurl3 7.35.0-1ubuntu2.14
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.