USN-2991-1: nginx vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-2991-1
2nd June, 2016
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 15.10
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
nginx could be made to crash if it received specially crafted network traffic.
- nginx - small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server
It was discovered that nginx incorrectly handled saving client request
bodies to temporary files. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue
to cause nginx to crash, resulting in a denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- nginx-extras 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
- nginx-full 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
- nginx-core 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
- nginx-light 1.10.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
- Ubuntu 15.10:
- nginx-extras 1.9.3-1ubuntu1.2
- nginx-full 1.9.3-1ubuntu1.2
- nginx-core 1.9.3-1ubuntu1.2
- nginx-light 1.9.3-1ubuntu1.2
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- nginx-extras 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.5
- nginx-full 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.5
- nginx-core 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.5
- nginx-light 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.5
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.