USN-3397-1: strongSwan vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-3397-1
21st August, 2017
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 17.04
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
strongSwan could be made to crash or hang if it received specially crafted network traffic.
- strongswan - IPsec VPN solution
It was discovered that strongSwan incorrectly handled verifying
specific RSA signatures. A remote attacker could use this issue
to cause strongSwan to crash, resulting in a denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 17.04:
- libstrongswan 5.5.1-1ubuntu3.2
- strongswan 5.5.1-1ubuntu3.2
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- libstrongswan 5.3.5-1ubuntu3.4
- strongswan 5.3.5-1ubuntu3.4
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- libstrongswan 5.1.2-0ubuntu2.7
- strongswan 5.1.2-0ubuntu2.7
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.