USN-3411-1: Bazaar vulnerability
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-3411-1
5th September, 2017
A security issue affects these releases of Ubuntu and its derivatives:
- Ubuntu 17.04
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Bazaar could be made run programs as your login if it opened a specially crafted URL.
- bzr - easy to use distributed version control system
Adam Collard discovered that Bazaar did not properly handle host names
in 'bzr+ssh://' URLs. A remote attacker could use this to construct
a bazaar repository URL that when accessed could run arbitrary code
with the privileges of the user.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package version:
- Ubuntu 17.04:
- python-bzrlib 2.7.0+bzr6619-7ubuntu0.1
- bzr 2.7.0+bzr6619-7ubuntu0.1
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS:
- python-bzrlib 2.7.0-2ubuntu3.1
- bzr 2.7.0-2ubuntu3.1
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
- python-bzrlib 2.6.0+bzr6593-1ubuntu1.6
- bzr 2.6.0+bzr6593-1ubuntu1.6
To update your system, please follow these instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Security/Upgrades.
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.